Thursday, April 17, 2008

Praise Reports, Prayer Request and NAME CHANGE!!!


1. Well, a few nights ago I had an eventful evening that I and the Doctors all feel put a stop to many of the issues I have been having. It has been quiet since!!! So, each minute that goes by we are convinced that this is the case!!! PTL!!!!!!!!!

2. I am still finding so many ways God is orchestrating so many things together. My mother-in-law, Beth is taking care of my home and my boys, including her son Aaron. Need I say more... but add this... In Laos she was teaching a class this very semester on Early Childhood Development. Beth, a mother of four admits taking care of young children again is different, but it brings her such JOY. Because of her studies and teaching of the Early Childhood Development class she feels more prepared than ever taking care of her grandsons. She was teaching about table manners, potty training, maintaining a schedule and all the other SAME VERY THINGS SHE IS DOING WITH HER GRANDSONS!!! GOD KNOWS… and places each step together for a reason! I know she would have done just as good of a job even if she did not study and teach the class this last semester, but it made for a much smoother transition. GOD IS SO GOOD!!! Can you hear the symphony???

3. I am measuring 35 weeks! I am still 27 weeks on April 18th, but because of babies’ positioning and two of everything I am the size of a woman with one baby at 35 weeks!

4. The girls have a BPP (Biophysical Profile Sonogram) two times a week. There last one, they both scored 8/8… 100%. One of the points is for breathing… even though their oxygen comes from the cords, they still do “practice” breathing. Both girls were “practice” breathing. It was soooo sweet. Nurse commented on how well they were “practice” breathing was for their gestational age. This made Mama-Bear so happy! They are also getting the hiccups all the time. This means that they are neurologically mature!!! PTL!!!!!!!!!!!

5. I used to shake at having to get blood drawn. SO SCARED… dizzy, sweaty and I’d make Aaron go with me. WELL!!! Now I am up to 22 pokes!!!! I still can’t watch, but it is ALMOST a piece of cake. After my glucose test tomorrow I will be at 25 pokes. Like earned stickers for toddlers… after 25 pokes I am getting a hair cut!!! My hair lady is coming to the hospital to fix me up!!! Now this is special treatment!!! 30 pokes… I get a massageJ!!! BRING THEM ON!!!!!!!!!!

6. Last but not least… PRAYER REQUESTS… but look above… 5 pieces of great news! With my water being broken we are making sure that I don’t get any infections. Taking loads of meds to keep those bad germs away!! Pray it stays that way. Girls are handling everything so well. It seems the past 2 weeks has not fazed them! Pray that stays the same! Placenta abruption needs to heal up!!! It is ok right now, but would be better if it re-seals!!! Last but not least, our next milestone is 28 weeks, April 25th, but still min to min, hour and hour, and day to day. God is taking care of it all!!!!!

P.S. NAME CHANGE!!!!! It may change again too… so we all won’t know till they are born and it is written on certificates. Here they are for today:
Sabrina Star (Tyler picked the middle name) & Sophia Brooke
Tyler has shown so much more interest than I would have thought! He talks about them often and was in tears one day at the hospital because the Sono Tech came late and he was not able to see them on the TV. HE GETS IT and LOVES BEING INVOLVED!!! It is sooooo darling! Because of this, Aaron and I decided that once they are born we are going to let the boys pick which baby gets which name. They will not be allowed to be in the NICU, so this allows them to be a part of it all! We will take a picture of each, write out the names and they will pick which baby gets what name!!!! SO EXCITING!

Love all the cards, e-mails and special treats. Thank you sooo much.

P.S.S. Please pray for my very good friend Betsy. She needs warriors fighting for her too! THANK YOU!!!

6 comments:

Karen G. said...

Holly,
Amy Meyers passed along your blog address and I just read it. You probably don't remember me from MZ but I remember you and I'll be praying for you. You might remember my daughter Melissa and I'll pass along your blog address to her. God Bless you and your family.
Karen Gardeski

MInTheGap said...

How great that you can praise God even in the midst of this trial! Whatever happened to naming your second child "Mason"?

rick said...

hello! hello!
it is me clarissa! (finally)...

i was trying to find a way (this is serious...) to send you watermelon sorbet with peanut butter topping!
you deserve it!!
praying and thinking about you all this time!
love you.

chryselle said...

I love you Holly...Sarah called me last night but I was in bed, got the vm this am when I woke up...Im praying for you and those little precious gifts God has given you. I will try to call later today to check in with you
Chryselle

Unknown said...

The Cole Family,
You guys are amazing and have truly shown your strength through all of this. As an onlooker it is inspiring to see the love you have for your family and friends despite everything. I love you guys, and you are always in my thoughts and Prayers.

Ashley

Unknown said...

Holly,

Praise the Lord for all He is doing in your family! How wonderful to have Beth there with you during this time--what a HUGE blessing! =) Please tell her hi for me. I wish I could be there to bring you dinners and take care of you, but it sounds like you have quite a team surrounding you with love and prayer. We will continue to pray!

Love,
Heather Lu