Thursday, June 26, 2008

A long day!

It started at 4am when my sister came in my room telling me Sophia wasn't eating. I then tried to wake by removing her sleeper her but she didn't seem to want to eat. I let her rest. At the 7am feeding she eat an entire bottle (2 oz.) but didn't seem as alert as she usually was. At this point her lips and tongue turned purple, I tapped on her back and she came to after a large TOOT! She seemed better. Then I noticed she was pale and lethargic. After calling the Dr she recommended a 10 appointment, I said ... NO I AM ON MY WAY! After seeing the wonderful ped Dr Lasater, Sophia was rushed back to St Vincent's via CODE 3 ambulance (lights and sirens).
She was stabilized and is now back on C PAP and two iv's for fluids and antibiotics. She is doing well. All the tests are coming back negative. Even the spinal tap to check for meningitis. Dr's think she got sick, and tests aren't showing it or it was caused by environmental issues (having hard time dealing with being at home) or b/c I took off the sleeper and didn't re wrap her, she may have experienced temperature stress. It could be any combination or none of them. We do not know yet! We might not ever know for sure.
What I am sure of is that my girls will be wrapped or swaddled till kindergarten, and no one is allowed around the girls unless their hands are washed and clean. I know I have already been to lenient with Sabrina and I am tightening the reigns as recommended, until they are 2! After seeing my daughter turn purple, I will not take anymore chances.
My darling nurse Donna was there to comfort me and Sophia. She has been with my girls so much, Sophia knows her voice as well as mine. I know she is in good hands, and God is in control no matter what the results.
Thank you all for your prayers. LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: