Monday, August 25, 2008

What a day!

Cereal in the bottle warmer! THANK ALEX:)
Happy at last... for 10 min! Thanks Nonnie for the outfits!!!
Passed out in the middle of the living room floor.

The life with twins....

They both slept 7 hours through the night. I woke at 8 am after being up for 2 hours in the middle of the night from 3-5. The night could not have gone smoother. 

Then there was the day...

After each feeding Sabrina was awake for a time and then slept for 20 min and then was awake again. She never settled down until 8pm tonight!

Sophia puked her brains out even with the meds. As soon as I would get Sabrina settled Sophia would wake and visa versa. IT DID NOT END UNTIL TONIGHT AT 8 pm. Fun events that took place during...

I clipped Sabrina's finger nails and got some of her thumb... SO SAD!!! Then I tried taking them for walk since they were both awake at the same time... THEN IT RAINED AND I HAD TO WALK BACK HOME IN THE RAIN. Alex got himself on to the counter and put rice cereal in to the bottle warmer. Then the boys were playing out back in the MUD (don't want to talk about it) and while feeding Sophia, Alex came to the door 3 times needing his hands washed after falling into the mud. I got puked on by both girls having to change my shirt twice... still have not showered and I stunk!!! Then after propping the door open with the double stroller I went to move it out the of the way the bottom of the door cut the bottom of my foot 3 times in triangle shape wholes. Now I knew how Sabrina's finger felt. I tried to hold both and then Sophia puked AGAIN... I had to put them down and I laid then next to each other and they both stopped crying. IT IS A TWIN THING... but don't say awwww too fast. It only last about 10 min. BUT IT WAS THE SWEETEST 10 mins of the day!!! I had no time to prepare dinner so went out for fast food... the girls cried on and off most of the time. They screamed the entire way home... Aaron went to one side of the van and I to the other, upon arriving home... both girls had streams of tears running down their faces. Then once we got home... Aaron had to change his shirt twice and I had had to one more time as well, because of puke. You'd think we would better prepare ourselves... well we do. A bib, a wash cloth and a burp cloth... it still gets everywhere!!! One time I had to change my shirt, it was from Sabrina... that is rare!!! The boys took a bath after being muddy all day long. Sabrina fell asleep on the floor for about 20 min... There was a pile of laundry in the living room enough to fill one washer load... JUST FORM THE PUKE CLOTES AND BLANKETS FOR THE DAY AND THE MUD BATHS THE BOYS TOOK!!!! 

All the girls wanted was to be held... and I couldn't do it with both at once. SO HARD!!! I would not trade them for anything, but I hope tomorrow goes better!

P.S. Thanks Tanya for taking the boys for 4 hours. 

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I hope I come on a day like this! I hope this never happens like this to you for a long time :)