Tuesday, July 15, 2008

They are twins!

It is 12:40 am and I just finished their feeding. Aaron usually does this one, but he needed rest so I did it tonight. Sophia was due to wake and eat, and I figured I had about 45 min before Sabrina wanted to eat. I WAS WRONG. They both wanted to eat the same time. I fed Sophia, who was due first, and let Sabrina cry. "LET" I had no choice. Then I fed Sabrina, and Sophia cried. So I ended up feeding them at the same time. then they both had to burp at the same time. I put one down and that one would cry. This went on for 45 min. Could not decide what to do. Diapers were changed, they were and burped. The binkies were being desired too much, meaning they were still hungry. As I warmed the bottle they both screamed... scaring the other causing more screaming. After their bottles were warm I fed them both while they laid in the crib. They both desperately fed. Sophia began to slow down, but she is a faster eater... Sabrina is consistent, but not as fast... THEN...

they both stopped. No more cries... I look at the bottle and they both drank the EXACT SAME AMOUNT!!! They were true twins this evening... doing everything at the same, with the same passion. Also, today they were napping separate and they were fussy! We put them together and they slept soundly. I BEST GO... THEY ARE CRYING/SCREAMING FOR MOMMY!!! For those of you who sleep... nite nite! For me... HAPPY DAY 24/7:)
A MOM OF HAPPY HEALTHY TWINS:) Pure Joy!!!

1 comment:

Karen G. said...

Holly - I am a twin and I have pictures of my dad at night standing between two cribs after working 2 jobs, holding a bottle for each of us, while he is somewhat sleeping - trying to give my mom a break. I can tell you some stories about growing up as a twin! I love it! The best is yet to come....